Science North wedding
This past weekend, I made the trek up to Sudbury, Ontario to celebrate yet another wedding. URG SUDBURY… why must you be sooo cold?!
Anyways, I think this might have been one of my favourite venues for a wedding, to date. It was held at Science North, and my inner science dork LOVED it. I mean, when else can you have cocktails while petting flying squirrels and making friends with Drifter the beaver and Quillan the porcupine?!
The dinner was held in the Cavern which gave a nice earthy, intimate yet fantasy kind of feel to the evening. The space holds up to 200 guests and can be rented out for only $1000! Compare this to around $5000 for the Science Centre in Toronto. Yikes!
I mean, where else can you celebrate a marriage surrounded by rocks, and airplanes!
Unfortunately, I was too busy enjoying the wedding that I didn’t think to take a lot of photos to show you guys just how fantastic this venue was.
If you’re considering Science North as a venue for your wedding, here are a few pros and cons that I noticed as a guest
- really cool atmosphere that guests will remember
- even with very little decorations, the space would still look really nice
- cocktails with animals = awesome
- hotels within walking distance for guests
- cars can be left in the parking lot over night
- giant screen that you can use for videos
- the service was great
- the only option for caterering is Curious Thymes (their salads and dessert were quite nice but the main entrees were hit and miss so pick your items carefully)
- depending on the time of year, it does get a little chilly in the venue. I’d imagine it would be hard to keep the cavern heated
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact Kathryn Condotta.
100 Ramsey Lake Rd., Ontario, Canada, P3E 5S9
705.522.3701 ext.: 343